Location & Time
Location: Bondesque at 707 West Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408
Time: 6:30PM - 8:30PM
Please arrive to class no later than 6:25PM. The class will begin at 6:30PM sharp.
Those late to the class will not be allowed entrance, and tickets are non-refundable. Our instructors use every minute to give you the valuable information you came for!
Our store does not have a parking lot. Please give yourself ample time to find street parking to avoid arriving late to the class.
You will receive a confirmation email of your purchase. Be sure to read the important information included in your confirmation email. When you arrive to the class, please give us the same name you used to purchase the tickets.
Class Shopping Discount: Show your ticket or confirmation email to save 15% off your entire purchase at Bondesque! Valid for one visit on the day of the workshop.
Our class ends at 8:30PM and the store will be open until 9:00PM to allow class attendees to use their discount and get the goodies you need to get started with what you learned that day!
Curious about polyamory or open relationships? This course explores the fundamentals you need to know to start creating your ideal relationship goals and plan! Topics covered in this class include:
- Speaker introduction
- Brief intro of participants – name, what brings you to Poly 101, and what are you hoping to get from it?
- What is ethical non-monogamy and what are the various types of poly relationships?
- Common words to know and their definitions
- Talking to your partner about a poly relationship
- Why are you considering polyamory
- Use of written or verbal contracts
- Boundaries and negotiations
- Common misconceptions & downsides to polyamory
- Opening my relationship will help save my unhappy relationship (false)
- People don’t always get along – you and your partner’s meta may not like one another
- Discussion questions
Instructor: Courtney Padjen, PhD, LAMFT is a sex and relationship therapist in Minneapolis, MN. She is the owner and director of Centre for Sexual Wellness. She is a member of the Association of American Sexual Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF), and Kink Aware Professionals (KAP). She is a mentor for Consortium for Research on Alternative Sexualities (CARAS) and a committee member for the MAMFT Professional Practices group. She’s been featured in local and national magazines including Lavender Magazine and Cosmopolitan. Her ultimate goal in life is to live to see kink and BDSM-related diagnoses removed from the DSM and for kink and BDSM relationship dynamics be taught in university diversity courses everywhere!
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Ticket sales are final and tickets are non-transferable. This workshop is 18+.